Mercedes-Benz Achieves a Record-Breaking Year in India, Selling 17,408 Cars and SUVs in 2023

Estimated read time 2 min read

Mercedes-Benz India concludes 2023 with its most robust fourth-quarter sales, achieving a total of 17,408 units sold throughout the year. The long-wheelbase E-Class sedan emerged as the top-selling model. Mercedes-Benz plans to invest Rs 200 crore in 2024, introducing over 12 new models and expanding its presence in 10 new cities.

Kicking off the new year with the launch of the facelifted GLS SUV, Mercedes-Benz reports 2023 as its best-ever year in India in terms of overall sales. The year witnessed a substantial growth of 10 percent over 2022, with 17,408 cars and SUVs sold compared to 15,822 units the previous year. The exceptional growth is attributed to a strong sales performance in the final quarter of 2023, marking the brand’s best-ever Q4 showing.

SUVs constituted about 55 percent of the total units sold, with nearly 10,000 customers opting for an SUV. The remaining 45 percent of sales comprised the sedan range, including the A-Class, C-Class, E-Class, and S-Class, totaling just under 8,000 units. Mercedes-Benz notes strong demand across all categories, categorized as ‘Entry’, ‘Core’, and ‘Top-End Vehicles’ (TEV).

The long-wheelbase E-Class sedan retained its position as the highest-selling model, while the SUV lineup saw increased demand with the introduction of the second-generation GLC and the facelifted GLE, alongside the GLA and GLS.

The electric vehicle portfolio, featuring the EQS sedan and the EQB and EQE SUVs, accounted for about four percent of total volumes, with just under 700 units sold—a three-fold growth compared to 2022.

Mercedes-Benz India announced an additional investment of Rs 200 crore in 2024, allocated for manufacturing operations, digitization of manufacturing processes, and new product start-ups. This brings the total investment in the country to Rs 3,000 crore. The company plans to establish its presence in 10 new cities and inaugurate 20 workshops in locations like Jammu, Kannur, Kottayam, Udaipur, Amritsar, Agra, Valsad, Patna, among others.

In 2024, Mercedes-Benz is set to launch over 12 models in India, with a majority falling under the TEV category, including three new battery electric vehicles.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours